Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Getting over an ex

I was looking at forums and this guy was talking about how it took him forever to get over his ex and that it still hurt to think about her. I've been like that before myself and I know plenty of other guys who are like that too. Because I know the feeling and had to teach myself how to get over it, I will give a few tips on how to get over your ex.

1. Time

Unfortunately, this is sometimes the only cure for getting over someone. Time will make it easier because you will forget how you two were as a couple. You'll forget the things that made you love them. You'll also see it isn't that bad being single. You might also realize that things were bad and they were right about the relationship needing to end. In time, you'll realize it wasn't meant to be. However, if you don't want to wait, here are some tips on how to speed up the process.

2. Hang out with friends

Being able to talk to your friends about it can relieve the pain but hanging out with them can also make you forget about the breakup. Have fun with your friends. Do things you couldn't do while in the relationship. I'm not saying do horrible things but do things you wanted to do and couldn't. Go out with your friends and talk to them about anything. The important thing here is to do things that will make you forget about them. Go to places you two didn't go. go places that don't remind you of them. Its easier to get through it with friends.

3. Make a list

Think of the things that you didn't like about your ex. Write it on a piece of paper. I'll be honest. This isn't my idea. I stole it from How I Met Your Mother but when I heard it, I thought that's a great idea and I did it since then. Thats why I'm including it here. If you ever find yourself missing your ex, look at this paper to remember why it is a good thing you two aren't together. You'll see that the thing you miss about them is nothing compared to the things you will never miss. It will help you stay strong and get over them.

4. Talk to other people

The easiest way to get over someone is by finding someone else. I'm not saying jump into another relationship right away. Start by just talking or casual flirting. It is easy to forget someone when you're thinking of someone else. If you have feelings for someone new, those feelings for your ex will go away faster. This new person might be a lot better than your ex and you'll wonder why you were ever with your ex. I'm not saying right after the breakup, date someone new but it doesn't hurt to look.

Those were a few tips on how to get over your ex. If you like the advice and want some more personalized advice, comment and ask a question below.

No comments:

Post a Comment